- orientate the economy away from heavy industry to consumer goods
- reduce the level of debt of local governments, state owned enterprises, and households. 80% of all public spending in China is done by local governments
- reduce reliance on coal as an energy source because coal burning causes so much pollution
- Legal channels for asylum seekers through facilities in countries of origin or transit, to reduce the numbers carried by illegal traffickers; allowing individuals to apply for asylum from a country other than their own.
- Set up a system of relocation and redistribution within the EU, to reduce the weight of the burden falling on a handful of member states.
- Policies to secure the accommodation of refugees in non-European countries, as long as they cannot return to their countries of origin, through the construction of safe and decent facilities in third countries.
- Develop cooperation with third countries to destroy the boats used by traffickers.
- Launch a cooperative law enforcement effort to break trafficking networks, confiscate their assets and prosecute those involved.